The whole world has been rudely shaken by the spread of the current novel Coronavirus (COVID 19). Last week, the Federal Ministry of Health confirmed the first patient in Nigeria. Don’t Panic. According to the World Health Organisation, “most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others”. Take care of your health and protect others. Here’s what to do:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or cleanse them with an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Keep away from people who are coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, go to the hospital immediately.
- If you have a cough, use a face mask or protect others from your cough. Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Stay at home if you feel unwell
Live right, Live Long
Check out this blog tomorrow as Dr Uche shares what researchers are finding: According to the US National Institutes of Health website, Chloroquine phosphate has shown apparent efficacy in treatment of COVID-19 associated pneumonia in clinical studies.